Compliance and Risk Manager
About The Lettings Hub
The Lettings Hub are a prop-tech company who provide technology driven products and services to manage lettings. We work with a national network of letting agents and provide a range of services to help our clients with the move-in process. This includes completing the necessary checks on potential tenants before they move into a landlord’s property, as well as a range of additional property insurance products and services to support the letting agent, tenant and the landlord.
We are looking for a Risk and Compliance Manager to be part of our Peterborough based team.
20-25 hours per week working Monday to Friday
We are recruiting for a Risk and Compliance Manager to help us compliantly expand a prestigious client base, manage relationships with our regulatory partners, and position us as the number one provider in the marketplace.
The successful candidates will be enthusiastic about the importance that we put on looking after our clients and providing the highest level of customer care and regulatory compliance.
You will work alongside our IT, Change, Operational, Sales & support functions, to ensure all the business processes are compliant and aligned to FCA guidelines, and lead work to review regulatory requirements and ensure necessary business process is implemented. You will be the main point of contact and relationship management for our internal teams re. regulatory queries, liaise with external clients and support our insurance function to maintain the timely completion of FCA related activities and training.
- To help ensure the business complies with FCA and all other relevant regulation
- Provide clear advice and guidance to business areas on a wide range of compliance issues.
- Identify, highlight and where appropriate help manage and mitigate any regulatory or conduct risks present or arising
- Work with management and staff to ensure that the business implements and maintains suitable systems and controls to meet regulatory requirements
- Lead the delivery of the Annual Compliance Plan.
- Carry out Mediation on behalf of the Insurer as required
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of relevant rules and requirements, and how these apply to the business
- Assist with investigations into complaints, incidents and rule breaches.
- Review financial promotions, scripting and other customer facing documentation for compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Assist with external assurance reviews as required.
- Attend, and provide challenge and input into key governance meetings, including Board level
- As required, to liaise with clients and affinity partners in relation to compliance matters
- Audit processes as necessary and make recommendations
- Proactive and a visible member of the team
- Previous experience working in financial services industry in a Compliance based role.
- Excellent knowledge of FCA and other Regulations relevant to a General Insurance Business.
- Ability to translate complex rules and requirements into clear, concise and pragmatic advice and guidance for business areas
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Good problem solving, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work according to Regulatory risk
- Salary £40,000 pro rata
- 23 days holiday
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Hybrid working from home and office (Peterborough)
About the Team
As a Prop-Tech business, we are always looking to the future. What can we be doing next to ensure Letting Agents jobs are made quicker and easier, tenants have a smoother journey and landlords have piece of mind? So, although we have over 100+ years of industry experience across the team, we are not stuck in the past.
The only way to achieve this is having great people, but also a great environment at work. This is why we prioritise wellbeing and culture and ensure all of our colleagues have the space to share ideas and grow with the business. We have quarterly awards to celebrate together as a whole team, a free snack station for those afternoons only chocolate will help and monthly challenges set by the CEO that brings the competitive side out of all of us!!
If you think this is the type of environment you would thrive in, make sure to apply
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00 per year
Expected hours: 20 – 25 per week
- Additional leave
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- United Kingdom (required)
Ability to Commute:
- Peterborough., PE2 6LR (required)
Work Location: In person